Thursday, May 18, 2017

Stay Calm and Keep Smiling!

Stay calm and keep smiling!
Okay, I admit it. I'm one of those people who knows just enough about technology to get themselves into trouble. Over the past five years, I've built and maintained several websites. So, this year I decided to start a blog.

Little did I know that when I moved my website to a new URL, the blog would not "port" to the new address. When I contacted support, they told me it was nowhere to be found. Consequently, my old blog, which was also called Cowgirl at Heart, disappeared into the void where all code goes to die. Apparently. Wonderful.

But hark, there's hope! 

Today, I'm starting over with Blogger. And you know what? I'm enjoying the new format so much that I'm a little giddy. So, to celebrate this momentous occasion, I'm posting a picture of my office dog Allie, who reminds me that things usually always work out for the best. How can you not be inspired by a face like that?

So, welcome to my new blog! Allie and I hope you come back to visit us regularly. If you have the time, please introduce yourself. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Feel free to pop over to my website at: ReneeMcBride.com, to see what else I'm working on.

In the meantime, if you run into any technology gremlins, remember what Allie the office dog says: "Stay calm and keep smiling!"

11 comments:

  1. I love the new blog! The sunflowers make things so cheerful and happy. Looking forward to reading more of your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Yes, I figured if it was going to rain today, I'd make my own sunshine. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. You voice comes across as though we were visiting over coffee. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LoRee. Sending you virtual coffee and a pastry along with it.

      Delete
  3. What was your old blog on. I sure prefer Blogspot to Wordpress, but that's just me. Your page looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! I was using the blogging tool that was part of Homestead's website package, but now I'm using Blogger and really like it. I'll add your blog to my list. Have a wonderful time at the conference this weekend.

      Delete
  4. What was your old blog on. I sure prefer Blogspot to Wordpress, but that's just me. Your page looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site! Love the look and feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! Thanks for visiting and posting. I figured out I didn't have my notifications turned on that people were posting, so it was a good beta test. I think I fixed it, though.

      Delete
  6. I guess you could say this is one way to start a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great corresponding with you, Michelle. Let me know next time you're in Lincoln and we'll get together for coffee. Have fun at your family reunion this summer. And thanks again for helping me test the site.

      Delete